Luskentyre is situated on the spectacular west coast of the Isle of Harris. The elevated balcony in our self-catering flat gives you a stunning view of an ever changing scenery because of the various colours and shades. At low tide the whole bay of Luskentyre emerges to reveal the extensive beach washed by the channels of shimmering sea water, with ever-changing colours, blues and turquoises of the sea, near whites of the sand, different blues / greys and white of the skies, greens of the maram grass, greys of the rocks and finally at sunset, the reds and oranges at the end of the day.
The peace, tranquillity, privacy and the slow pace of life make this apartment a great place to "get away from it all" and relax in the midst of this extensive and varied natural beauty.
|Technology:||Wireless internet connection, satellite TV + DVD, Stereo with iPod dock|
|Kitchen:||Very well equipped kitchen for all your needs. More details below.|
|Living room:||Solid fuel stove|
|Smoking:||Strictly no smoking|
- January £450 per week
- February £450 per week
- March £675 per week
- April £675 per week
- May £810 per week
- June £810 per week
- July £810 per week
- August £810 per week
- September £810 per week
- October £675 per week
- November £450 per week
- December £450 per week
- Christmas week £700
- New Year week £700
Winter short breaks are available:
- 4 nights - £300.00
- 5 nights - £350.00
This newly built property is very private and benefits from a peaceful, unpolluted, beautiful setting, only 200 yards from the sands of Luskentyre. The accommodation provides breath-taking scenery from all the windows. White paintwork throughout gives a fresh bright atmosphere. There is solid oak flooring throughout the accommodation as well as local artist paintings. Blinds on all the windows allow for a cosy atmosphere in the evenings.
The entrance is via the elevated private decking (7ft x 10ft), which overlooks the Island of Taransay. There is good outdoor lighting for evening dining.
The open plan dining, sitting area, and kitchen is very well equipped. All appliances are made by Siemens. Every conceivable utensil and cooking accessory required is available in this kitchen. The kitchen containing a combination oven / microwave, a good-sized fridge, freezer, induction hob, extractor fan, George Foreman grill, electric kettle, Nespresso coffee machine, toaster, dishwasher, washing machine / dryer. There is also a plentiful supply of crockery and cookware.
The dinning has comfortable chairs seat four people which overlooks the decking area.
This has a three-seater couch, glass coffee table, solid fuel stove, satellite TV and DVD player and a stereo with iPod dock. The view from the lounge area varies throughout the day and evening; as the light changes so does the colour of the sea. A solid fuel stove & plentiful supply of local peat is available. There is also a warm small cloakroom off the lounge area, with iron, ironing board and clothes airer.
Size: 21ft x 13ft - includes dining area and kitchen.
This is a good size double bedroom with a king sized bed, a fitted wardrobe, three drawer bedside cabinets, small dressing table / desk. A hairdryer is also provided.
Size: 13ft x 12ft
A good size bathroom with heated towel rail, shaver point, bath and over bath shower. Bathrobes are provided and there is a good size cupboard to store luggage.
Size: 8ft x 7ft
All bed linen, towels, bathrobes are included in the price.
Heating and hot water are included in price. There is heating throughout; three radiators with thermostatic controls. There is a washing line outside for drying clothes.
- Rental runs Saturday to Saturday, except outside of the holiday seasons, when short breaks can be arranged.
- Apartment only suitable for two people.
- Arrival time is after 2pm onwards, Departure time is 10:30am.
- Booking is secured when deposit of £200 is received, remaining balance due 6 weeks before arrival.
- Telephone bookings will be held for 7 days pending deposit.
- We will send a written confirmation of booking when we receive your deposit.
- In the case of a late booking, 8 weeks or less before arrival full payment is required.
- Preferred method of payment is by cheque to Agnes Cross.
- Late cancellations, 3 weeks or less ,will be charged unless we can re book, in which case we will not charge.
- Initial enquiries should be made by email. We will follow this up by a phone call or email as soon as possible.
- We operate a strictly no smoking policy.
- No pets allowed.
- We expect clients to leave the property clean and tidy on departure and report to us any breakages or damages.
- Breakages /damages must be paid for before departure.
- Clients are advised to take out holiday insurance to cover for any personal loss, damage expenses, and cover for late cancellation of bookings.